Thursday, December 6, 2012

Finding Factors- PreTeach

Most blogs have their posts down to a single idea for a topic. As this blog progresses and I find my groove, I've found it so much more beneficial to create a posts that shows what I actually do. Show a day in a week long topic. I'm here for you, and I feel like this is a way to make a bigger impact.

We are in day 4 of prime and composite numbers and it has been going GREAT! I say this with great enthusiasm. It's been like a, "Can I get a wha wha?!" kind of week. I've learned so many solutions this year and want to share. I can't wait to unload all of the cool stuff we've been doing.  I'm going to share all of the stuff that should be going on prior to teaching prime and composite numbers.

In a special education classroom, you will most likely find learners with long term retrieval issues. I'm spending about 30 minutes out of every math day working on this underlying stuff. I attribute our success this week to making sure we've taken the time to fill in gaps and sharpen our skills. Check in with us this week to get hooked up with the best blogger ideas for Finding Factors.

No comments:

Post a Comment