Friday, May 3, 2013

Prime and Composite Numbers

Getting ready for our state assessment (STAAR) retakes. Time to review prime vs. composite numbers!

I've recreated this anchor chart found on pinterest. I'd love to give credit, but it's not linked to any blog/site. The link to the pin can be found HERE

Pinned Image

I found a FREE quiz, but I'm actually thinking it might be a better to use it as a set of notes and do it together with a little "WE do then YOU do." Grab it for FREE right here.
Pinned Image

A student set for practice or reference can be found here.
Pinned Image

Multiple opportunities to practice. This site has a worksheet creater where you can set your guidelines and it will generate prime number mazes. So cool! Click right HURRR to get started :) TeachersPayTeachers has some cute mystery art pages but they cost $. Our PTA bought me a subscription to SuperTeacherWorksheets which I LOVE. They have several practice pages.

Prime Numbers Maze Preview


And don't forget! There's a Brain Pop video on it :)


On the second day of review, I plan on doing this activity found over at Rundes Room. My boards aren't magnetic (I know, I know, it's 2013! Get with it, school district! lol) so I'm going to use random number cards from a math game that I have. You could also use post its!


For the computer station there are a few choices for games. The first is Prime and Composite FRUIT SHOOT! We LOVE the Fruit Shoot games. The other can be used if your district has an IXL.com subscription. IXL has prime and composite practice on multiple levels. My kids will be doing Level F A.5

Last, but definitly not least, you MUST check out one of my previous entries on factorization. I have a video that shows how to teach it. The video isn't one that you would show your students probably, it's a quick video that will show you the best way to list ALL the factors of a number.  Click HERE to check it out!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment