Monday, January 14, 2013

Fractions

Kicking off fractions this week, so much to do!

I found this anchor chart we will recreate in our interactive notebooks. Tried to found the source but it's been deleted :( Otherwise I'd link you!
Pinned Image

We will play with a Skittles fraction map I made similar to the one on this blog.

Finally we will break into groups and work on a worksheet from my favorite worksheet site- SuperTeacherWorksheets.com LOVE THIS SITE. Most of it isn't free, but it's definitely worth the $20 a year! Not only will I get our group work from it, but I will print tonights homework from it too. If you're going to spend your money on one site, this is definitely the one to pick! Has all subjects and holiday stuff.

I hate to buy things online when I could make my own, but this is a seriously good deal for only $2. Cannot pass these up. Click HERE to check it out. Multiple games.
Pinned Image
I'm going to use the fraction videos from Brain Pop JR. videos as well as this one from YouTube to teach numerator and denominator.


I'll post more as the week progresses. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment