Monday, April 13, 2015

Stinky Feet Test Prep and Review


The best test review game you haven't played yet!



In my years of teaching I've seen two methods of handling the week before a major state exam. Some teachers find it an opportunity for low stress, relevant projects. Other teachers decide it's time to cram. I definitely fall into the second option. With all the hard work I plan, it is important to me to find ways to keep it fun. So I set out to find some new, fresh games and strategies and came across a pretty stinky one.

The game of Stinky Feet. Seriously how cute is that??? I always end up with boy heavy groups and I think this is perfect!

Taken from Teaching in the Fast Lane. CLICK HERE for the original post.




"The rules are so simple, you answer questions in teams using the Numbered Heads Together structure. Any and all teams whose answers are correct get to choose a sticky note from the Stinky Feet poster.Each sticky note has a point value on it, but this is where the game gets a little stinky. Some sticky notes have positive points, and some have negative. Continue to play the game until you run out of time, sticky notes, or questions. As you go, each team keeps a running tally of how many points they have. I like to have this tally on the board and have each team update it after each turn. That way, I can keep an eye on it and there is no funny business. Plus, I have students immediately put the sticky notes above the poster so that I can reuse them and they don't get torn up as they tend to do when they take them to their seats. 

In the end, the team with the most points wins! Sometimes I like to switch it up and have the team with the least points win. If I do this, I add extra negative points stickies to the poster so that it is seen as a reward for answering correctly, not missing a question. "

Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Exams is little bit stressfull. For me essays seems like exams, but I found the solution from essay service. more info is here uk-essay-reviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far Cry is enormously big, has a beautiful open world, soaked in a great atmosphere. It's stuffed with content and is sometimes a bit chaotic, but the story is well built up and is highly memorable with great bad guys and girls. It does, however, have some frustrating moments and lacks good stealth gameplay.
    See more review: Jurassic World Evolution
    Smoke and Sacrifice
    Moonlighter

    ReplyDelete