Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Teaching Point of View

Good grief! It is a struggle to find good resources for teaching point of view. Not to mention weeding through all of the resources that incorrectly label author's purpose as point of view. Found a few! Wanted to share.

First off, I'm going to share a resource from Study Zone. I LOVE StudyZone.org It generally has a lesson AND a set of practice questions for each topic which I think is great. We generally go through the lesson and then work through the practice questions in whole group. I'm going to link you to the page about point of view, but be sure to search your other topics on the site. Lots of cool stuff.

Click HERE to visit the main page for point of view. When you scroll down there will be a practice option with the questions.

Love Study Zone!
point of view banner

The next resource I'd like to share are some FREE printable color posters from TPT! Click HERE to download. What I like about these posters is that they are SO easy to understand. I hate getting excited about stuff just to find some crazy college definition tacked on to it.
Point of View mini-posters

This video is a little bland, but informative. It ends up adding on more than I am covering so I'm still debating on using it.


Lastly, BrainPop has a video on Point of View that is GREAT but probably not free :(

That's it for today folks. Short and sweet. Like I said, hard to find stuff for point of view! Maybe you should make some :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment