Friday, October 4, 2013

Rounding Numbers- plus a Halloween pack!


Moving through place value and came across some awesome resources I wanted to share!

First of all, I'd like to start with one of my own. I've made this HUGE Halloween themed rounding pack.



 
The set includes 9 pages of cards, 12 2 & 3 digit cards, 12 4 & 5 digit cards, and 12 decimal number cards in 3 attractive chevron prints. Click either pic to download :)

The next resource is a FREE spider game for rounding. Cute AND has an answer doc, but only contains 2 digit numbers. Click the pic to download :)


This anchor chart shows a few methods for teaching rounding. I was interested in learning more about the CUBA method, and found out more info HERE.
CUBA rounding method Circle the number to be rounded. Baby (0-4) keep the same Bully (5-9) Round up Add zeros to the right of rounded number
And ending this post with a little rounding humor ;)
Hopefully I’m not the only one who gets a little bit of joy out of pegging a round number while filling up the gas tank.  I’ve been a numbers guy my whole life, though…have a great Friday and weekend!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment