Monday, August 13, 2012

Parent notifications via texting!

Ever seen the movie "Elf?" Theres a point in the movie where he finishes his date with Jovie and barges into the apartment, slings off his hat, and says "I'M IN LOVE! I'M IN LOVE AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!"

I'm new to blogging, which means you're new to me, but you will find out quickly that I have a bit of a flare for being dramatic.

Personal notes aside, I want to shout this in a way that would make Will Ferrel proud...about a website. Sounds weird, but fo' serious. This website allows you to send text alerts to the parents of your students.

This website right hurr will change your life. I am SO excited to be using this this year and it's FREE. Here's what I like:

  • It's free.
  • I teach multiple classes and can create multiple classes.
  • I assumed that I would have to collect little slips of paper and log each family in, but this site does it for you. You create a code and the site provides you with a number. The family texts the code to the number and is then added to the class.
  • I forsee this as being an effective tool because parent's don't always check backpacks. Most parent's check their phone.
Love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment